Hike #16 - Nolichucky River to Iron Mountain


It's a new year and time to hit the trail again. I travel to Erwin, TN on March 27, 2017 in anticipation of my two day section hike between the Nolichucky River and Iron Mountain. I've decided to "slack pack" this section which means I'll be staying off the trail at night. Although Uncle Johnny's Hostel is a viable option, I decide to stay at the Mountain Inn which is only about 1 mile away from the trail.

I've called ahead to the Hostel to inquire about a shuttle ride and was given the name of Tom & Marie Bradford of Hiker Shuttles. As it turns out, Tom & Marie are extremely knowledgeable about the AT trail and are truly genuine folks. They are retired from their former occupations and have settled in the Erwin, TN area. All of my prior hikes have been NOBO hikes as I make my way up the trail; however, Tom was able to convince me that it would be far better for me to hike the next section SOBO. Not only was it an easier hike, but cheaper shuttle rates as well. 



Comments