Hike #12 - Allen Gap to Devil Fork Gap 20.3 miles

Its Sept 12, 2015 and I have prepared myself for one of my famous solo day hikes along the AT. I typically go hiking during August but life didn't permit that to happen this year; therefore, I'm venturing out for my first September hike. I've mapped out a very long but doable 20.3 section that will take me from Allen Gap to Devil Fork Gap. I actually spent the night with my cousin in Black Mountain, NC the day before so I could be up early for the day long hike. I had prearranged a shuttle with one of the areas best...Uncle Johnny's Hostel in Erwin, TN. What I didn't plan on is how lost I would get trying to find Devil Fork Gap the morning of my hike. I was to meet the shuttle driver at 8am...after a very frustrating search and a few phone calls, I finally arrived at 9am. To my amazement, the shuttle driver was still there waiting on me. She was actually the wife of "Uncle Johnny" from the hostel and she was very gracious in waiting for this "out of towner" to find his way.




Comments