Shuckstack Mountain Fire Tower


About 4 miles into our hike, we come across the side path that leads to the Shuckstack Mountain Fire Tower.  Although we were short on time, we made the decision that it was worth the extra effort to pay this structure a visit. You can actually see this fire tower from Fontana Dam so it was pretty neat thinking that we had at least made it this far.  Kurt was like a kid in a candy store as he scampered up the small steps towards the top. I tried to follow but my innate fear of heights gripped me on about the 10th step before I slowly turned around and headed back for mother earth.







The view was nice from the top of the tower (so I heard) but the view from the base of the tower was nice too. Spring had not yet allowed the trees to produce new leaves so views were found around every corner.








Comments