Wet-n-wild


Suzanne, Colin and DJ did a half day guided trip down the Nantahala River.  They had a blast floating down the river all afternoon while fighting several Class II and III rapids along the way.

















While Suzanne and the older boys did some rafting, my goal was to keep the little ones preoccupied by taking them tubing at Deep Creek near Bryson City.   My uncle Larry had told us about how fun the tubing was there so we had to check it our for ourselves. You may note that there aren't too many pictures from our tubing fun.  Try taking a six and eight year old on a creek tubing run by yourself and you will figure out why I didn't have much time to snap any pics. If I wasn't totally exhausted from carrying three large tubes a mile upstream, there was the Cirque-du-Soleil type moves I had to perform while trying to keep each kid from floating off.  Luckily there were plenty of people downstream that responded to me yelling, "Please stop that screaming kid in the float for me?"



Jon, Ana and I survived our tubing run, downed some ice cream and met up with them towards the end of the day. After some well deserved pizza we went back to the cabin to rest up for the final day at NOC and the beginning of my hike.






Comments