Helen, Georgia

First of all let me say that Helen, Georgia can be a bit deceiving.  On the surface it appears to be the cutest little town on the face of this planet.  All of the buildings are structurally shaped like you are in the Swiss Alps complete with Christmas lights dangling from every roof top.  There are horse drawn buggies slowly meandering through town and outdoor musicians playing to folks as they eat at outdoor bistros.  I initially thought it would be a nice quite place to take my wife someday soon, but I now see that wouldn't be a fun trip with the wife.
As we quickly find out, Helen is very noisy at night.  It's like Blowing Rock on steroids.  Apparently this small town is very popular with loud partiers and the many bikers that I saw on the road earlier.  We find a hotel in town and quickly get cleaned up and head out for that steak and beer. Grayson and I would have normally stuck around downtown to explore a little more but we were too tired.  It was an early night for us both.

Comments