The Shuttle

When I arrived at Woody Gap I decided to call the folks at the Hiker Hostel to check on my ride. A lady there said that my driver should be there shortly and his trail name is "Nature Boy". I hang up and for a small moment I think how cool it would be if Rick Flair would actually pull up as my shuttle driver while letting out a big "Woooooooo". Nature Boy arrives and although he isn't Rick Flair he seems very nice and knowledgeable about the AT and hiking in general. I throw my gear in the back of his truck and off we go to my starting destination of Amicalola Falls. Nature Boy is full of good advice since he has completed the entire AT and many other top trails in America and I take advantage of this opportunity to ask him a lot of final questions. My biggest question for Nature Boy is if there is a method to choosing my very own trail name since I don't have one yet. His only advice is for me to make my own name before others give me one (I will find out later how true this is). We finally arrive at the ranger station at Amicalola Falls and we part ways. Thanks Nature Boy!

Comments