June 14, 2017 Hike #18 - Carvers Gap to 19E (14.8 miles)

Having just completed a small section hike two weeks prior, I'm already back to hike what I've heard is one of the most scenic sections of the entire trail - especially when you hike this section in mid June as the rhododendrons are in full bloom. Once again, I waited until the last minute to schedule a shuttle ride so I first tried Greasy Creek Hostel since they were so helpful during my last hike. Although they could shuttle me, they passed me along to yet another hostel a little further up the trail called the Mountain Harbour B&B. I called Mountain Harbour and luckily enough I had found my shuttle ride for the next day. 


I arrived a little before 9am and was delighted to see that Mountain Harbour wasn't just any ordinary hostel - This place was also a rather quaint B&B too. A few hikers were waking up over morning coffee as I made my way up to the main house. I was greeted by Mary who owns Mountain Harbour and is also my shuttle driver for the day. I'm able to leave my car here since it is close to where the trail crosses Highway 19E.


Mary was a delight to chat with as she drove me up to Cravers Gap. Super nice lady with a very nice B&B that I hope to stay at someday soon. But for now, my eye is on the prize - hiking the 14.8 miles NOBO from Carvers Gap on what has turned out to be a terrific weather day.

Comments